Skip to main content

Choc-Full Of Chocolate? Here's Some Easter Treats To Make!

Happy Easter! Okay, serious question: is it REALLY Easter Sunday if you haven't made yourself feel slightly sick by the amount of chocolate you've scoffed before 9am (but will carry on eating it throughout the rest of the day regardless)? I for one definitely think not. But I find that even after eating my bodyweight in chocolate eggs, there'll still be a huge mountain left. And for those that know me well, it doesn't take long before i start dreaming up new creations to make with whatever I've got on hand. So, I thought I'd share some of my favourite things to bake with Easter chocolate. I hope you enjoy!

1. Ultimate chocolate cake
@Cadbury sponsor me please
This recipe claims it's the 'best chocolate cake ever', and I can confirm this is very true (but make sure you don't use loose-bottom cake tins like I did the first time I made it- it's very, very, sad). It's everything you want from a chocolate cake, and paired with Easter chocolate it's even better. You can decorate it however you fancy but piling on lots of chocolate eggs is super easy to do and tastes amazing.

2. Hot chocolate

If you need a new way to eat up chocolate, why not drink it instead? Simply warm up a cup of milk, add a handful of chopped up chocolate and stir until completely melted. Use flavoured chocolate (such as orange) for some added flavour, and top with whipped cream. If you use dark chocolate, add in a little sugar to sweeten it.

3. Rocky road
Another tasty snack
This is perfect because you can put pretty much any Easter treats in it and it'll still taste amazing. You can use any chocolate you fancy to melt down, and then add in anything from Maltesers, to mini eggs, to chocolate buttons into the mix. This recipe is great if you need a place to start!

4. Ice cream

If you want to make your chocolate last longer, then why not make it into ice cream? This way, it will keep much past it's best before date if you don't think you'll be able to eat it all in time. There's three ways you can do this: either mix it into shop-bought ice cream, make cheats ice cream using double cream and condensed milk, or use an ice cream maker and make it using a custard base. Mix in whatever additions you fancy when it's soft- my favourite is chopped up caramel eggs because the caramel marbles into the ice cream.

5. Cheesecake

This is such a brilliant idea- imagine everything great about a cheesecake, and then put it into half an Easter egg. Add in whatever flavour to the cheesecake mixture that you want, but make sure you pick a flavour that works well with whatever type of chocolate shell you're using (think fresh raspberries for a white chocolate shell or mint for dark). Decorate it with whatever Easter chocolate you have on hand, or melt some of the other shell half to drizzle on top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almond milk: more harm than good?

Is your morning coffee costing the lives of billions of bees? There's no denying it- plant-based milk is everywhere. In 2018, there was uproar in the US as a shortage of the popular oat milk brand 'Oatly' broke out, due to sales growing faster than even the company expected.  Demand for cow's milk is falling as people begin to choose alternative milks such as coconut, soya and even pea. However, this isn't without causing some controversy, of course. One plant milk in particular has come under fire recently, due to claims that its production is causing the deaths of billions of honey bees. Now, I'm not saying that we should just give up and switch back to drinking cow's milk. The 2018 University of Oxford study shows that dairy milk produces almost three times more greenhouse gasses than any milk alternative available.   So whichever plant milk you choose, it's still so much better for the environment than dairy. But if you're an almond milk lo

DIY Plant milk seedling trays

Now the weather has warmed up, it's the perfect time to get gardening. Here's a simple idea for germinating seeds using materials you might already have in the home! Slowly but surely, I've been convincing my family to swap to plant milk. However, this means we're also throwing out a lot more cartons. Due to the mixed materials, cartons have to be recycled at a specific centre, which currently we only have one of- in Yorkshire. This plant is capable of recycling up to 40% of the cartons produced here in the UK, but an article by The Times found that only 10% are actually recycled. Considering many people swap to plant milk for environmental reasons, it's ridiculous that most of the time the cartons end up in landfill, slowly breaking down and releasing greenhouse gasses. You can make plant milk at home, and it's a great option if you've got a zero-waste shop nearby because then you can make it entirely waste free. I have tried making my own oat milk

Seven Pages Every Bullet Journal Needs

My brother bought me my bullet journal for Christmas 2 1/2 years ago, and I've been hooked ever since! I'm very picky as to the designs I'll put in mine, which means I'm still only halfway through my first journal. Most of my inspiration comes from Pinterest. So, if you don't know where to start for ideas then create a Pinterest account RIGHT NOW. Ideas for pages there are endless, and if you've got a specific idea in mind but don't know how to put it onto a page, simply search : '(insert idea) bullet journal' for plenty to pick from. I don't have a particular theme to my journal -other than lot's of colour- because I would never be able to stick to it, but feel free to make everything match if that's your style.  Regardless, no bullet journal is complete without these pages: 1. Sunshine tracker This is one of my favourite pages, because I love how bright it is. I know it's a bit cheesy but it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy when